Thursday, May 02, 2013

Whom I'm voting for this May 2013 election

Photo: crashingwaves.wordpress.com
It's the wedding election month! To be honest, I have not completed the names i'll put on the ballot yet. Although I have several candidates I'm already considering, they are still subject to change depending on the results of my research. One thing is for sure, I'm voting for:

1. Godly candidates. They are more likely to serve the people because they know it's a way of serving God. Godly candidates know good leadership as best exemplified by Jesus Christ himself -- selfless, loving, wise, and always speaks in truth.

2. Candidates who are not obsessed with their election campaign. I find it disturbing that a politician is willing to spend just about millions to win an election. It should be of public knowledge that senators only have a monthly salary of 35,000. As far as I know, they do not own their pork barrel -- it's for the projects they are supposed to execute to "give free education", "abate the rate of families in poverty", and "make more jobs". So please enlighten me, why on earth will you be so willing to spend millions for campaign materials to win a position which offers (technically) guaranteed financial loss? And I'm seriously asking this because like mentioned in my previous election entry, I have limited knowledge on this matter.

3. Candidates with good track record. This is a no-brainer. Newbie, re-electionist, or running for a different (higher) position, I am only voting for people who were able to do something significant for the city or country in the past. Though I don't deny the reality that people change and bad government employees (yes, we often forget that the senators and the president himself are government employees just like the cashier in the municipal hall and the stenographer in the supreme court) can also turn into selfless leaders. So yeah, I might vote for some redeemed candidates, too (if any).

Sure it's not easy screening each candidates with the wedding preparation and all the jazz that comes with it. It will take a lot of time, let alone wisdom. I'm sure I'll come across so many black propaganda, false promotion, and the like and this is why it's so important to ask for the Lord's guidance in everything we do. Yes, everything. Including doing something as significant as this for our nation. To close this, I'm leaving you fellas with a couple of scriptures to help us as we choose our future leaders:
James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
God bless the Philippines.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit :)
Leave me something and I might just love you forever ♥

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...