Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A convenient way to transfer RDO and update status in BIR

One thing I didn't expect after getting married would be the hassle of updating all my legal documents -- SSS, Philhealth, & BIR, among others. If you are a guy, good for you because you only need to update your civil status. If you're a woman like me, these agencies also need to know your new name, not to mention your new signature, if any. Good thing the company where I'm currently connected with is able to handle updating which means I don't have to go to those government offices personally. It was all good when I realized that I have not yet transferred my RDO since my very first job (current is the 3rd) and this process is the one thing that employees are supposed to do on their own.

RDO stands for Revenue District Office. In BIR's official website, you'll learn about its functions and can even search for your own RDO (in case you forget). If you are suffering from self-diagnosed memory loss like me and couldn't remember your RDO at all, you can dial their customer service hotline 981-8888. Below are forms necessary for filing transfer of RDO and civil status update. You can either download them online or get them from your company representative handling government remittances.


easiest way to transfer RDO, BIR update status
Form 1905 for transferring RDO and other forms of updating registration information

how to transfer RDO
Form 2305 for updating civil status & filing for exemption

Due to lack of time (and motivation) to visit my original RDO for the past three years, I am faced with this situation right now. Hey, don't give me that look. I know it's important, but there's a lot more urgent things to take care of than filing a leave from work and paying RDO 050 in Makati Ave a visit. I am currently working in Ortigas and our company representative will not be able to update my status being that my file is not registered in the current company's RDO (43A for East Pasig).

Anyway, to cut the long story short. Given that this has just become a situation more dire than it already was and I still couldn't accept the fact that I'll be braving the Makati traffic just for this, the resourceful and desperate little grown up woman in me started Googling and dialling BIR numbers and.. guess what? I learned that transferring from one RDO to another can be done via FAX now. Praise the Lord! But why did I learn this just now? Poor hubby of mine had to go at RDO 040 in Quezon Ave just to update his status and transfer. Oh well, some people just had to go through those things. Lol 

Something note-worthy though is that not all RDOs accept faxed copy of Form 1905. Some would require that you go to their branch and file it personally. To be on the safe side, call your RDO first. You would have to get from them the fax number anyway. Hope your RDO is as considerate as mine :) I have sent them my filled out form last week and was advised that I call my new RDO after 5-6 business days to confirm if transfer was successful.

Happy filing fellow newlyweds! Or new hires! :)


Follow on Bloglovin

Like this post? Share by clicking on the buttons below. ♥

39 comments:

  1. this is very helpful. thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really helpful. btw.. my prev RDO was 040 and will be transferring to 050,, do you happen to keep the fax number? thanks! :) - xazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very helpful :) thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi tanong ko lang po nung sinend mo na sa old rdo mo yung papers mo after ba nun binalik nila sayo yung papers mo with stamp? salamat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fax Receipt should be submitted to your employer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. D KO PO ALAM PO KUNG SANG RDO AKO.IPINAKIUSAP KO LANG PO KC NA IKUHA ako ng tin no.paano ko po malalaman kung saan ako kukuha ng 1905 form para maitransfer po sa STA.MARIA, BULACAN BRANCH. NEED KO LANG PO FOR EMPLOYMENT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Punta ka lang po ng any BIR branch near you then ask any desk officer doon bigay mo lang po yung TIN no. para macheck nila saang RDO ka nakaregister.

      Delete
  7. I'll try this one. Thanks for the info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. we have the same RDO (rdo 050) , do you mind sharing their fax number? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Thanks for the post. Just want to ask, what exactly did you tell your previous RDO office when you called them? Did you just go "hey, form 1905 coming your way!", dropped the line, then faxed it? :) Were you required to give some additional info/something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha not exactly. Call your old RDO and tell them you'd wish to transfer to another RDO and ask if you need to go there personally or you can just file it via fax. Sometimes they will require you to inquire to the RDO where you'll transfer. I was not asked for any other info except for the completely filled-out 1905.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for this info. I hope the RDO i'm going to transfer it to has a working fax machine so I won't have to go to Boni. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! How many copies of 1905 did you fax? Just one? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi venus, just want to ask, just got married recenlty, i just want to know kung anong lastname ang ginamit mo to fill out 2305? will i have to use my maiden name or my married name na?
    thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have already updated your name and civil status with BIR, then use that. If not, you might want to update it first. Or not. Pwede rin kasing update mo nalang din once the transfer is done.

      Delete
  13. A big thank you! this is very helpful! God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. can i have the fax no. of rdo 43a. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!
    Tanong ko lang. After i-fax yung form 1905 sa RDO, isesend ba nila yung form with stamp? If not, ano yung ibibigay ko sa employer? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the info. I'll try this. Already emailed them and waiting for their feedback. My husband is transfer from 041 to 080 - Mandaluyong to Mandaue City, Cebu. Imagine, he'll have to book a flight just for a personal appearance at Mandaluyong. We live in Cebu btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I'm currently in the same situation as you described above: I have to transfer my RDO registration from 047 to 081 here in Cebu. Can you kindly tell me how your process went? Because there's just no way I can go to the Makati office personally. Please help. :)

      Delete
  17. Hi Venus! I recently got married in December last year. What I have with me is the notarized marriage contract from the municipal hall after filing it there. If I am to change my name and status, what should be my next step? Should I go to BIR directly or do I still need to go to NSO? What should I bring? Also, where else should I go after BIR? I am planning to do all of these Friday nextweek. Pls help. Thank yoi so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very Helpful indeed. :) Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, were your other 2 jobs had different RDOs? I'm into my 3rd company as well and they all have different RDOs. My problem is that I haven't changed it since my first. so do I have to change from the first to second then third? or can I just directly change from first to the third? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change of RDO means from the most recent previous RDO to the present RDO. No point in declaring the first because BIR will only recognize the immediate past and the present.

      Delete
  20. Hi, What's the fax number where I can send my 1905? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. would you know the exact location for RDO040? like landmark or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  22. how many day is the processing for updating your rdo or transfer?

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi, this is very helpful. the last company i worked with had me transfer from qc to cebu and i was there for about three years. is it safe to assume that my last company did what they were supposed to do and that my last rdo was in cebu? im hoping i wont need to book a flight for this whole thing. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks, this post is very helpful. I'll recommend this to my office mates. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. anu po ba yong step para magtransfer ng bir # manila to leyte plz help........ ty...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Update ko lang po ito...

    As of Sept 2015, employer na po ang dapat maglakad, need nyu nalang mag fill-up ng form at ipasa sa inyong mga HR kasama ang mga attachment if meron kaypong i-update or ida-dagdag.

    Salamat ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi,

    Pero as per BIR of Paig I file daw to online. Meron po bang may alam pano I update online ang 1905? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is really a great help. thank you so much Venus for creating this page :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pag di ba na transfer ang RDO ano mangyayari?

    ReplyDelete
  30. What is the fax number for RDO 40 ???

    ReplyDelete
  31. hi, 1905 form lang ba yung e fax?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit :)
Leave me something and I might just love you forever ♥

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...