Wednesday, April 04, 2012

LENT

People in the office are panicky on what to eat this Holy Week. The no-meat thing, if you know what I mean. And I totally get it. That culture has been existing even before they were born so I can't blame them if they conform to the belief. I'm not saying that I'm any better but maybe they should also try to understand the meaning of what they do before diving to it with the rest of the world.

While they were panicking over their no-meat-holy-week diet, I'm too consumed thinking of a place to go or an interesting thing to do during the break. We always had to go to work during lent. Only this year that the company decided to include our department to the national holiday. And I wasn't prepared. No place to go and nothing to do! Officemates are going to their provinces while friends are just nowhere to be found. I lost contact to them since I left FB last year. But don't get me wrong, I still have my few real friends if you know what I mean. Maybe I'll make another post on that.

So this predicament made me so whiny in the office. I asked practically everyone to go spend Friday in a resort with me. And that's when my previous boss asked me "Why are you so freaked out that you'll be alone this holy week? Just stay at home. We should be mourning."

Okay so that hit me. MOURNING. Why would I mourn? Who died? Where's the wake? Lol. Sorry, that's sarcastic. On a serious note, her remark made me realize once again how people are chained by traditions and false teachings. And I feel sad about it. Plain sad.

"Mourn for what? This season is supposed to be a time for celebration, not mourning. Christ's death took place 2012 years ago. And now He's alive. This is a season to be thankful about what He did for us and there's a lot of way to express that which doesn't include repeating what He did or hurting ourselves."

And she was just quiet like she didn't hear a thing. Again, I understood. It's so predictable and so us -- human, to pretend we don't hear a thing if it's about a certain truth that doesn't go with our beliefs. Did everyone really miss the resurrection part? He's a living God; no longer dead. Didn't anyone think that it's an insult to God that people today are repeating that one sacred thing that He has already done for us? (Matthew 26:28) Like what He did wasn't enough? And isn't it written that if you want to be forgiven, all you need is simply ask. (Numbers 15:20) No torture necessary.

Points to meditate on, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit :)
Leave me something and I might just love you forever ♥

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...