Thursday, June 14, 2012

Saved by a Tiara

I'm not the type to win Queen of the Night nor join beauty pageants or even UN parades at the very least; although I was once elected as classroom muse if that's counted. For one, I'm not tall. Okay, fine. I'm short. 5 freakin feet short. And I'm not fair skinned either, and my hair isn't long and straight. In short, I'm nowhere close to what media portrays as beautiful.

Don't get me wrong. I don't despise me because of the genes I inherited. And obviously, I don't have self-esteem issues. Quite frankly, I actually like that I'm shorter than most girls and that I have a glowing bronze skin with freckles to accentuate it. Most of all, I'm in love with my wavy hair -- that's one thing I'll never give.

I made this post mainly to describe how I felt the first time I wore a tiara. I attended this Sparkle-themed event of Sony last May in NBC tent. It was their 10th anniversary with HGS. When I heard of Sparkle, I knew I was in trouble as I don't have anymore glittery dress in the closet aside from the one I wore for the company kick-off party in 2010 which I got from Tomato... and a big NO to the idea of repeating it. Neither is buying a new dress an option as it's out of my budget.
 
Me, Chantal sporting my 2010 Glitterati dress, and Mo Twister Owel

Trifecta

That's when I agreed to just borrow an officemate's black dress and decided to just pair it with a tiara which I then bought from the Department Store of Robinson's Galleria to make the ensemble matching to the theme. And I was right. Who can go wrong with a little black dress?
I wore my silver stilletos which I brought from Chelsea (SM Megamall) in 2010 for the said Glitterati kick-off party. To complete the garb,  I used the white gold purse which I got from Rob Galleria's 50th Ave for an event we had in Republiq in February of 2011.


ze royalties

I think I was able to pull it off. For the first time, I felt like I was the Queen of the night, or maybe not. Maybe, Princess of the Night would be more appropriate. Thanks to my lovely prince... and to the 239Php worth tiara. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit :)
Leave me something and I might just love you forever ♥

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...