Friday, February 15, 2013

Feb. 14, 2013

Last year, I got the biggest bear from Blue Magic as a surprise gift from Ralph for Valentine's. Surprise because he asked me if I would want to receive flowers and I said yes so all throughout the day in the office, I was imagining that he would have a bouquet in hand to offer me when he picks me up for dinner. Not only did he not pick me up (he actually asked that we just meet in Pasto in Eastwood where he reserved us a dinner), he also greeted me a Happy Valentine's Day empty handed. So you can imagine how that turned me into a monster, or more of a dragon, spitting fires of dismay over steak. Cold treatment and sarcasm party became our dessert. Only because I really thought he didn't bother to give me even a single bud of rose (although I actually got one from Pasto but hey that's not counted because it's practically part of their dinner package which we paid for) for this girls-should-be-treated-extra-special occasion.

Anyway, long story short, when he noticed that I already reached my boiling point (and you know it's the case when a girl starts saying she's tired, sleepy, and just wants to call it a night), he then presented me that biggest stuffed toy we usually see sitting at the gate of Blue Magic stores. Jun-jun (though he's pink, that's the name we gave him) has turned 1 year old yesterday. Yey! (Will post Jun-jun's photos later)

So last night was different. Since we have a wedding coming up, and we're trying to be wise in exploiting our financial resources (ugh, when was the last time I shopped? so long ago I can barely remember), I did not expect him to get me something grand, I mean I'd rather him spending thousands for my wedding hair and make-up dues than in some bouquet or another fancy dinner. I'd actually perfectly understand if he didn't give me anything at all. But being the coolest best friend that he is, of course he got me something!

I don't know about you but I would pick shoes over flowers any day of the week. And I just loooove these.
In case you're wondering, he gave me a pair of running shoes 'cause I've been whining about wanting to jog and becoming fit again. Yes, the underweight in me is trying to lose some more for the wedding. I decided, the heck with the weight, I wanna look good and I can only do that if I lose my flabs.

Notice how Ralph has been very subtle in forcing me to like pink? Last year was pink bear, now pink shoes. Lol. Anyway, after getting these pair, we headed to Stackers Burger in Eastwood for a quick dinner. I initially suggested Jollibee but acidity attacked and so I had to eat real food. Funny how, of all days, I chose this occasion to be OK with eating fast food. Good thing my stomach was wise enough to object ahead of time.

Burger Oriental Bowl you should definitely try

I had my ultimate favorite in Stackers which was their Burger Oriental Bowl while Ralph had a chicken meal. After dinner, we headed to McDo for dessert. He loves their sundae. And then I retired because he has to head to the office while it's already sleeping time for me.

1 John 4:19  We love because he first loved us.

When I got home last night and still had very little strength left to reflect on how the day was, I realized there's so many things I don't understand. I don't even know who Mr. Valentine is and why we celebrate a certain day for him. As far as I'm concerned, it's love that we're celebrating. And though everyday is a love day for me, I also appreciate the fact that we have 1 special day to really go out of our way to show it. Another thought that occurred to me was the impossibility of sharing a love that a person does not have himself. I hope we do remember that we are only capable of expressing real love because we experienced it first, from our God above. I'm just so glad that I have a godly boyfriend/fiance who knows love and generosity because he's got the best source of it. Thank you Lord for inventing love.

How was your Valentine's? Hope you had a great time too. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit :)
Leave me something and I might just love you forever ♥

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...