Monday, March 25, 2013

DIY Wedding Invitations

I have not exactly been discreet about my wedding preparation. If you have been reading my posts, you are one of those in the know of this little DIY endeavor of mine.

Just to share with you lovely fellas, one of the things that really keep me busy lately is DIY-ing our wedding invites. Boy has it become a nightly thing. As in I am this close to getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome due to excessive Photoshopping (yehesss! as if I'm an expert. which obviously I'm not because otherwise I should have gotten things done fast and won't have to be lingering on PS for weeks now! Lol.) while right hand also gets shaky and sweaty at times due to so much handwriting (eew!) Aside from that I am the most frugal bride you'll ever meet, I also aim to make things a little personalized here so yes, this is so me to DIY things. (Note to self: future blog entry on all my other DIYs)


These are my realizations while completing 40 pieces of our 4-paged invites:

  1. It's like hitting two birds with one stone. I got my invites for less without the worry of having any invites with the same style and art (as in arte. hehe) as mine. As I write, I have already spent a total of 250php and I'm already around 60% done. I'm anticipating a total damage of 1k. Not bad, huh?
  2. It made me get attached to my Principal Sponsors, Secondary Sponsors, and Entourage more. I have written their names 40 friggin times not including those I had to scrap due to errors! I mean, who does that?
  3. My Metal (a brand of metallic pen if you're not familiar), just like in grade school, is still amazing! The dead pen-collector in me just got ressurrected. 
  4. I realized that I actually have calligraphy and Photoshop skills. Killer combo! Haha
  5. It's laborious. Seriously. Very time-consuming. But hey, I'm not complaining! :P
Now here's a glimpse to mi obra, ladies and gentlemen. Please keep this out of my invitees' radar for now as I'm not giving them away until the first week of April. Hehe

pages 2 & 3 (Principal Sponsor & Entourage page, respectively)
pages 2 and 3 (Principal Sponsor & Entourage page, respectively)
pages 2 & 3 (Principal Sponsor & Entourage page, respectively)
page 1
page 4

Whatchathinkies? :)

Follow up to this post HERE.


Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. wow! handwritten entourage card! nice! very good job i must say! when i was preparing my wedding, i also didnt spend much on invites - those were actually free from our venue. i guess it was just one of our least priorities. anyway, goodluck on your preps! enjoy it whilr you can, you'll miss it once its over. i did. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayen! Thank you so much! Aww this made my day :) I will! I'll definitely miss the stress. Haha

      Delete
  2. You have really nice penmanship. Labor of love talaga yung wedding invites mo, nakakatuwa naman. Looks better than some commercially-produced wedding invites I've seen. Kudos! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, you're too sweet. Thank you. It really makes me happy when someone appreciates what I worked hard for :)

      Delete
  3. Loving the idea of handwritten invites. In this this digital age, handwriting is indeed becoming an art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! I've been looking for some inspiration on creating personalised stationery and this has really helped. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Extremely beneficial posting. I just bookmark your blog plus would like to say that I have really appreciated while reading your content. Thank you for spreading the information with all.

    Engagement invites

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome wedding invitations idea! I'm also browsing more so i could pin them on my Pinterest boards. Really lovely handwriting by the way . I envy you =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all these wedding invitations. As I was looking for some samples wedding invitation wording I saw this post and I think they further give me inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really great wedding invitation idea. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very lovely wedding invitation designs! I have been a part of creating simple handmade invitations for my friends and I was so delighted to have found more of these lovely inspirations. Please please allow me to pin them on my Pinterest board? thanks much!!
    Wedding Invitation Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! handwritten entourage card! i think it is hard to create but great job. i would apply this unique wedding invitations idea for my brother's marriage. thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit :)
Leave me something and I might just love you forever ♥

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...